A total of 3 reviews of this product on Reddit.
I would recommend Durock’s plate mounted stabs. Just replaced my awful stock RK61 stabs with them and they’re a tight fit and make no sound after lubing.
zuggear DUROCK White Plate Mount Stabilizers 2U 6.25U 7U for Cherry MX Compatible Mechanical Keyboards (White Plate Mount 60/87 Keyboard Kit) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096JQD679/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6Y7HHPSYXME1A77Z24ZX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Specifically what I ordered.
Yes, it works on all traditional stabs. Just make sure that your clipping the legs off of any stabs that aren’t made without legs. You’ll see in the tutorial what I mean by that. Durock does make plate mounted stabs as well. I’ve heard good things about them. Here a link to those on Amazon. DUROCK White Plate Mount Stabilizers 2U 6.25U 7U for Cherry MX Compatible Mechanical Keyboards (White Plate Mount 60/87 Keyboard Kit) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096JQD679/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3MSXB6Q8PKSDP6YERM9A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
After 2-3 weeks of trying clearcoat this GK61 which ended in the paint wrinkling then I ran out of spray-paint and stuff, I have a nice-looking GK61. I even tried making the sound a little better in the process.
Comparing the sound recording from before I tried to clearcoat it and after, I’m not sure if there were much noticeable changes. But it still sounds pretty great.
oh yeah sorry for the background noise, it’s the fish tank and people everyone calls “la familia” or whatever
If you would like to replicate this keyboard except without all the extra shit I had to buy because this used to be a Purple GK61 with Gateron Browns, here you go:
- Insert any White RGB 60% Hotswap Keyboards with Gateron Red switches here (most of them are optical though)
- Durock Plate Mount Stabilizers (I’m using Womier OEM Stabilizers, but its not like you can buy it, so :shrug:) https://www.amazon.com/Stabilizers-Transparent-Housing-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B096JQD679/
- Dielectric Grease (Switch and Stab Lube, not the best but at least it isn’t vaseline): https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-22058-Dielectric-Tune-Up-Grease/dp/B000AL8VD2/
- Matcha Keycaps: https://www.amazon.com/Matcha-Green-Keycap-Keyboard-Janpanese/dp/B08SLDHVSK/
- Masking Tape: Any brand is fine i believe
- PE Foam Sheets: Depends if you can find it around or not
Some Build Notes:
– Fate had it that I’d find PE Foam in my neighborhood sidewalk after what i presume someone unboxed their new Microwave
– Dielectric Grease as a Switch Lube seems to work best if you use very little of it on areas that are being rubbed by another part constantly, i’d probably get Krytox 205g0 next time though
– I only have stabilizers for the Right Shift and Spacebar
– I tried adding 6 layers of tape to my PCB because what else would I do when I was waiting for my backplate’s clearcoat to dry? otherwise it did nothing
– I’m not sure if PE Foam Sheets as sound dampeners make much of a difference
– people at school want to touch my keyboard