A total of 12 reviews of this product on Reddit.
For those also wondering, I couldn’t find the actual release date on any article. However the asin is up on Amazon and says it will be released on September 16th: Sony M2 Premium Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones – Black (WH1000XM2/B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074KDJVS2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_f8dQzbWA7XPQF
I wouldnt. When headphones have structural flaws that put too much stress on certain parts, in unavoidable that it’ll happen. But I would look at the reviews on Amazon.
Actually, I was curious myself. It seems Sony is making this a habit, lol. I had the same experience with one of their gaming headsets. If you go on Amazon and look at the reviews, specifically the 1 and 2 stars, you’ll see they’re mostly complaints about the headband.
These things are amazing. I am never traveling without them again.
They are $298 now on Amazon
I know nothing about headphones or their prices, but doing a quick check on Amazon yields the following prices of each item atm:
It’s pretty obvious that if you were gunning for the headphones in the first place, this is a good deal as you’ll get some extras on top of it for the same price.
Audio Technica ATH-M40X vs Sony WH-1000XM2
I am interested in getting into recording and am planning to get a Scarlett 2i2. I own the Sony WH-1000XM2 that can be used with an aux cable. I was wondering if I could expect the $100 Audio Technica ATH-M40X to be superior in terms of sound quality and/or transparency or if I’d need a more expensive pair.
Here in this sticky comment you will find an overview of the deals posted in this thread for your benefit. If you find that one of the deals has run out please let me know. Off-topic top level comments asking what to buy will be removed, deals that are missing some of the info will not make it to the list. Also I’ve changed suggested sorting to “New”.
Official Manufacturer Sales
- Empire Ears 15% discount store wide with code “BFsale15”
- 64 Audio 15-20% off on most Universals and Customs starting Friday
- JH Audio 10-20% off using code “BLACKFRIDAY2018”
- Noble Audio 15% off CIEM 20% off UIEM
- Inearz 35% off CIEM’s with ADEL modules
- Alclair up to 30% off on CIEMs
- Cleartune Monitors 20% off on CIEM’s, cables and BT cables
- Jomo Audio 15% off both customs and universals
- Custom Art new FIBAE Black, launch price from €369 til’ end of year. Regular price from €450
- Earsonics Various codes on their website, 50% off on refurbs + discounts on CIEM/UIEM.
- Master & Dynamic 20% off under $500 code “BFD20” 30% off $500+ code “BFD30”
- Brainwavz Various deals including B400 for $159.50, Earpads 25% discount and more.
- Audeze B-stock sale on LCD2-C, iSine, Sine and El-8.
- Campfire Audio Vega 36% off, Jupiter 15% off as well as free/discounted cables with some purchases.
- Campfire Audio also has a big B stock sale, products generally go quick.
- KEF M500 for $100
- Monoprice Headphones and speaker related items for sale. M1060 $200 and more.
- Koss 50-67% of Porta pros and more
- 1More Various promotions incl. 1More triple driver $149.99
DACs and Amplifiers and other peripherals
- ALO Audio Big deals on portable amps, only 6 units in total at the moment of writing!
- Bottlehead Audio DIY amp kits are off by 15%.
- Linum Cables Notable discounts on very discreet thin cables for inears.
- Sonarworks True-fi software 40% off
- Shenzhenaudio Headphones, inears, earbuds, amps, dacs you name it
- Musicteck UM, Cayin, Pioneer SE-M5, AAW and much more
- Moon Audio Deals on Hifiman, Focal etc.
- LSR-Direct on Amazon Additional ~~15%~~ 5% coupon code “LINSOUL2018” Stackable with existing coupons that are clippable by the Amazon store.
- Lendmeurears Promotions on Dunu, TFZ, Onkyo + alot more.
- Hifiheadphones UK Big deals on Campfire, Westone, Beyerdynamic, Shanling etc.
- Massdrop Audio Technica A & AD line of cans
Online / Retailer
- Bestbuy Sony XM2 $199
- Amazon Sony XM2 $198 Can also be shipped from Focus Camera if you so wish.
- Guitar Center 15% off using code “THANKS” Audeze, Fostex, Beyerdynamic etc
- Amazon Monoprice Monolith Dac/amp $66 down from $94
- Rakuten has 20% off sitewide with the code BF20 (max $60 discount).
- eBay Sennheiser PXC 480 59% off $119.99
- Amazon Sennheiser PXC550 $199.99
- Amazon Etymotic ER4XR $299
- Amazon Sennheiser HD1 Wireless $199.95
- Amazon Hiby R3 Black $149
- Amazon Koss porta pro black $29.99
- Amazon Creative Aruvana Live! $40
- Shopmyexchange Sony XM3 $220 no tax for US military/Veterans only Price shown on login
- Amazon Topping D30 $89
- Scan Refurb AKG K702 £78
- RHA Limited selection, MA750 BT 25% off with a few more models discounted
- Komplett.se Sony Z1R 10990kr
- Hifi-punkten Focal Clear 12990kr
- CDON 30% off Beyerdynamic consumer line
- Verkkokauppa AKG K550 MK3 €99
- Minidisc Discounts of Focal, 64 Audio, Empire Ears, Campfire, Fostex, and specials on demo gear with much more.
- Amazon Sennheiser HD4.5 $150
- Amazon Sennheiser HD1 $270
I have these headphones and this turntable. I’m listening to a record over my Logitech desktop speakers and it’s sounding fine. When I plug the headphones in, the vocals drop out almost entirely and they sound very tinny. When listening to Sinatra, this is a pretty serious problem. What am I doing wrong?
I’ve tried the headphones powered on and powered off, no difference. They sound great when I plug them into my computer. I’m connecting both the headphones and the speakers with an RCA to 3.5mm adapter and a 4′ 3.5mm cable, although the speakers have a couple more cables and adapters to navigate because of their illogical design.
You are right, I just preordered these. Hopefully they will work out nice https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Premium-Cancelling-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B074KDJVS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504220003&sr=8-1&keywords=WH-1000XM2
Kind of off topic but i reccomend anyone to try listing to NBA basketball wearing Sony’s man hearing the game with this clarity is incredible