A total of 6 reviews of this product on Reddit.
I recently bought micellar water for removing sunscreen and now I’m looking for a cleanser to wash my face with after I remove sunscreen with micellar water. Do you think this Neutrogena product would be suitable?
Someone above mentioned that I should stay away from foaming cleanser if I got sensitive skin. The one I found says foaming on the package. Should I still buy it or did you have a different product in mind?
I finally kicked my neck issues with this routine:
- Cold water only. Not icy, but I found that any heat just makes things redder. I just use cool tap water.
- Hydration. I didn’t realize how important this was. Now I use Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser. I’m not looking to wash my face, just hydrate the hair. I wet my face and smear a bunch on. I let it soak in for at least 5 minutes, usually 10 if I’m not in a rush. Go make a cup of coffee or read Reddit while it absorbs. Also, every couple of minutes or so I rub some more water on to my face just to keep it nice and soupy.
- Direction. I didn’t give this enough credence at first, but finally I found the proper WTG direction that works for me. (Although, until I had solved the hydration issue, this didn’t make a lick of a difference.)
- Pressure: I changed my mental model when when shaving my neck to: “the blade shouldn’t touch the skin. It should float ever so close to the skin, but don’t let it touch”. Of course, the blade does touch the skin, but focusing on “hovering” it ever so slightly was just the trick I needed to make my brain finally understand what “no pressure” really felt like.
Interestingly, the choice of razor, blade and soap never made a difference with my neck. Hydration and direction were really the key issues in my case.
Also, I decided to focus on doing WTG only for a few months until I really got the hang of it. I can now say that I do better with WTG-only than I did when I was trying to do the whole WTG+XTG+ATG at first. This strategy seems to have worked nicely for me, since for the first time in my life, I can get a good shave every day.
Cleanser Recommendations – NO niacinamide
<em>Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser</em>
– This is a very popular gentle cleanser recommended here
<em>Avalon Organics Intense Defense Vitamin C Cleansing Gel</em>
– I have used this one and find that it cleanses well without being stripping. It is my current favorite, but I keep meaning to try Neutrogena.
I have not tried the HL Hydrating Cleanser. I have tried the HL Foaming Cleanser. It is VERY gentle. I suspect I might like it more come winter when I’m prone to dry skin, but this summer I just feel like even when I use it in the morning (no end of day grease or makeup) my forehead gets significantly more oily throughout the day.
Edit: ridiculous formatting issues
Oh, I just noticed I said the Ordinary has expensive options but I meant inexpensive lol.
Anyway, for cleansers, I’ve still trying to find my favorite. Right now I use Neutrogena Gentle Daily Cleanser, but I’m considering trying the Fenty Skin Cleanser.
For toner, I use Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner. My skin is sensitive and prone to redness so I use the unscented. There are small sizes that come in spray bottles you can get to see if you like it, before getting the bigger bottles (that you can use to refill the spray bottles).
For moisturizer, my favorite is Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion. It leaves me the perfect amount of dewy. I bought this lotion because it’s cheaper, but it leaves me looking kinda greasy so I only use it at night.
Nice, I’ll give it a try.
AM: Use Cerave AM Moisturizer w/ SPF
PM: Cleanse using Neutrogena Daily Cleanser. Moisturize with Cerave PM Moisturizer.
Fairly simple routine since I’m a newbie. Been doing this for about a month.
PM Routine and product help!
Current routine: Been using a Neutrogena Cleanser and a CeraVe AM Moisturizing Lotion for a couple weeks and love them! Ready to add more products.
Skin type: Male – Combination (normal cheeks, oily T-zone)
Cleanse – Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Foaming Cleanser
Moisturize – CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF 30
Nothing right now 🙁
Need recommendations for PM cleanser and moisturizer.
My forehead is a little shinier than usual during the day. How can I reduce the shininess? Thinking of adding this to AM routine – La Roche Posay Anthelios Clear Skin with SPF 60 Or maybe some Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets?
Anything else I should add to my routine?