What is the opinion of Reddit about the
Neutrogena Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Moisturizer for Men, Daily Oil-Free Anti-Aging Face Lotion with Retinol, Multi-Vitamins, and Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, 1.4 oz?

A total of 2 reviews of this product on Reddit.

1 point

·

5th Jul 2018

I have a long V so I don’t put it all over my scalp but I do put it all over my face since I run a lot and I use this! Just make sure you follow instructions and let it sit for a few minutes before you do anything because trust methat isn’t fun

Neutrogena Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Face Moisturizer for Men, Daily Oil-Free Face Lotion with Retinol, Multi-Vitamins, and Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, 1.4 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FPTENY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_lXxpBbJDC49S1

1 point

·

4th Mar 2016

> I’m sorry but that is BS. I’m not sure where you come from but there have been UK studies found that many men and women’s products contain nearly all of the same ingredients, it’s the marketting/packaging/price that is different.

Incorrect. Let’s look at the products found in the pink tax video that got so popular

Here is a cosmetologist explaining why women’s haircuts are more expensive, essentially because women, as a generalization, expect more time and attention and use of products that cost money


As this article explains, women’s blouses have to be hand ironed while mens shirts can be machine pressed because they are different shapes.


These two articles explain the differences in razors. They are not the same.


Degree Anti-persperent Men’s ingredient list:

  1. Aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly,
  2. cyclopentasiloxane,
  3. stearyl alcohol,
  4. PPG-14 butyl ether,
  5. hydrogenated castor oil,
  6. talc,
  7. fragrance (parfum),
  8. PEG-8 distearate,
  9. sodium starch octenylsuccinate,
  10. mannitol,
  11. BHT

Degree for women’s ingredient list:

  1. Aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex,
  2. cyclopentasiloxane,
  3. stearyl alcohol,
  4. C12-15 alkyl benzoate,
  5. PPG-14 butyl ether,
  6. hydrogenated castor oil,
  7. fragrance,
  8. dimethicone,
  9. polyethylene,
  10. caprylic/capric triglyceride,
  11. sodium starch octenylsuccinate,
  12. helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil,
  13. maltodextrin,
  14. hydrated silica,
  15. hydrolyzed corn

That’s a 36% increase in incredients.


Gillette gel for men

  1. Water,
  2. Palmitic Acid,
  3. Triethanolamine,
  4. Stearic Acid,
  5. Isopentane,
  6. Glyceryl Oleate,
  7. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,
  8. PTFE,
  9. PEG-90M,
  10. PEG-23M,
  11. Hydroxyethylcellulose,
  12. Sorbitol,
  13. Propylene Glycol,
  14. Fragrance,
  15. Isobutane,
  16. Blue 1.

Gillette gel for women:

  1. Water,
  2. Palmitic Acid,
  3. Triethanolamine,
  4. Stearic Acid,
  5. Isopentane,
  6. Glyceryl Oleate,
  7. Isobutane,
  8. Sorbitol,
  9. Hydroxyethylcellulose,
  10. Fragrance,
  11. PEG-90M,
  12. PTFE,
  13. PEG-23M,
  14. Propylene Glycol,
  15. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,
  16. Hydrolyzed Silk,
  17. Blue 1.

Same ingredients but vastly different proportions for each ingredient tailored to the person it is designed for. these are not identical.


As a brief glance to The ingredients list will show, mens and women’s neutragena wrinkle cream is not the same. I can’t be arsed to type this up, use your eyes and you will see the truth.


Nivea for men

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance, Menthol, Alcohol Denatured, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium 7, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Salicylate, Green 5

Nivea for women

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium 7, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Salicylate, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985)

Oh look, Lots of different ingredients, in different quantities, they are not the same.


> Bend over backwards? Putting a pink background on something and writing “smooth” “for women” isn’t bending over backwards.

  1. Go to any general home goods and clothing store (target/encore, walmart,etc.).
  2. Look at the mens tiny clothing department.
  3. look at how the women’s clothing department is 3-4 times as large, if not more, the vast majority of the time.
  4. Now do steps 2 and 3 but for cosmetic skin care, WOW, there is lots of extra marketting too.
  5. Look at the igredients list of mens and womens and OMG< they aren’t the same!

The domestic goods market heavily caters to women with both selection and easier access to higher quality goods. Among goods that serve the same purpose from the same brand more care goes into the product as a rule.

> This is obviously not how business works or phrases like organic, or free-range, or the fact that packaging that insinuates healthier ingredients are often more expensive when the evidence proves they are normally exactly the same as cheaper brand or more expensive products. Packaging, marketing and price act as incentives to buy things.

And people still have free will to buy or not buy as they choose. Women are choosing to pay more for these products to cater to them. Do you see anyone forcing them to go out and buy the fancier stuff? I sure as hell don’t.

> Your argument is laced with anti-woman emotive phrases

You are conflating anti-stupidity with anti-women. Anyone can find the facts I just did to reply to you. Many already have. People are stupid if they honestly think an open market that generates tailored products and finds success because their market is willing to pay more is somehow proof of discrimination.

It is sheer idiocy and invalidates a women’s own intelligence and agency to say she is discriminated against because the market makes a lot of stuff that she can choose to buy.

> which completely invalidates your argument because you can’t defend your point without it being biased.

And that is the fallacy fallacy, Even if we assume I used a logical fallacy (I am not conceding I did) then just saying that I committed a logical fallacy doesn’t invalidate the entirety of the argument.