A total of 2 reviews of this product on Reddit.
I’m sure they are better options on the skincare addict sub mentioned above, but this Jack black moisturizer is the first I’ve stumbled across that adequately moisturizes my face without feeling oily all day
Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20, 1.5 fl. oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012FE076/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LNozCbT9FENHH
Also their hand lotion is fucking bomb.
You just got your second sale too! (I bought on Amazon)
I also had really bad acne until the Navy gave me Accutane in my early 20s. Cleared it right up (seriously, that stuff is miraculous), but I have scarring and I’ve never really made much effort to take care of my skin until recently, when I’ve been using a moisturizer with SPF most days.
Your product listing on Amazon is good, but a few things jumped out at me:
- My first thought: “Hmm…is this makeup?” (in particular, this shot made me think of makeup) — I guess that’s not the end of the world for some people, but you’ll need to really sell me on it. In particular, will it look like makeup, will it feel caked on, will people notice, what if I sweat, etc, etc, etc.
- Why no reviews?? (you HAVE to fix this, seriously)
- $19…for how much? How long will this last me?
- Is this something I wear every day forever? That feels like makeup. Or is it more something that will improve my skin over time?
- What about SPF?? — I actually probably wouldn’t have ordered if I had noticed this earlier
I think you’ve got a good niche here, but I think you should consider a few things:
- You’ve got to get some reviews, seriously. I’d make this my top priority.
- I’m not an expert on Amazon, but content marketing to drive sales to Amazon sounds slow and a lot of work. Are you advertising on Amazon?
- You might want to go even more niche and make it even more focused to those like us that have acne scars. Right now it feels like something that any guy could get benefit from, and that’s not necessarily a good thing.
Congrats on launching and getting your first sales!