A total of 8 reviews of this product on Reddit.
It is the American sub-company of Hada Labo, so US sellers should be fine. I think I found it on Amazon too? here it is
I have used their Foaming cleanser before and liked it, unless you’re suggesting this one?
I used Habo Labo Gentle Foaming Cleanser (but I was running out, so that’s why I bought a new cleanser). I have normal skin and it’s worked for me (but I don’t wear makeup, so I can’t say how well it removes leftover makeup)
I bought it back in September of last year and there’s still some left, so it’s lasted me a while.
Hada Labo: Hydrating Facial Cleanser
CeraVe makes my skin pink and burns even when nothing else stings and my face isnt that dry.
They have a hyaluronic toner that helps anything you apply over to absorb faster.
Hada Labo has a few other products I think they have a standard face lotion. Now the foaming cleanser is a little drying I find.
Bar soap sound so bad for your skin… I’d hate to recommend something though and have your skin freak out again. You’ve probably tried CeraVe foaming? That’s my go-to cleanser recommendation. Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating Cleanser is also good.
I just worry for your skin’s moisture barrier when using high pH products! Maybe your skin is benefiting from the anti-bacterial properties of the bar soap. Maybe adding a benzoyl peroxide as an all-over treatment could help? I do that and it works wonders.
I have the same issues.
You listed that you do not use sunscreen, but if you wear make up, I recommend oil cleansing, that usually helps prevent your skin from over drying, or others have mentioned adding a small amount of oil to your cleanser.
You mentioned non-foaming, but I have heard others on /r/asianbeauty have recommended Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam or Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating cleanser and said these did not dry them out.
One’s that I have tried and that did not dry me out:
Foaming-ish…more like bubbles (all have a ph around 5.5):
*Eucerin Baby Wash
*Cerave Baby Wash
*Skin Fix Cleansing Oil Wash
*Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil
*Grain Ferment Cleansing Sherbet
*Farmacy Cleansing Oil
For your CC’s, try an AHA, but I would be careful using is with tretinoin because it might really dry you out. You could use it just on the spots where you have CC’s or alternate using it with your tretinoin.
Suggested products that i use and work for me (search my comments for my routine/and OCM concoctions if you choose to go that route – i suggest keeping it simple at first with a cleanser/moisturizer/sunscreen).
Hado Labo: http://www.amazon.com/Hada-Labo-Hydrating-Facial-Cleanser/dp/B00I4BUV06/ref=sr_1_5?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1438281111&sr=1-5&keywords=hado+labo
Raw African Black Soap: This shit can be harsh – not in a face stripping way but in a drying way but will clear black heads out of your face/ass/back like a vaccum. Prepare the extra moisturizing routine after using it and don’t use it everyday. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058NANJC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Oils that work best with my skin:
- Jojoba – cleanser and moisturizer http://www.amazon.com/Desert-Essence-Organic-Jojoba-Oil/dp/B0000C0XL8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438281853&sr=8-2&keywords=desert+essence+jojoba
- Argan – cleanser and moisturizer https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IT1HKV4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Neem – facial mask – this really is MY holy grail oil. It stinks something fierce but really clears/soothes and softens my skin. http://www.amazon.com/Neem-Organic-Pure-Pressed-Adorable/dp/B00HVO0JAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1438281914&sr=1-1&keywords=neem+oil
- Shea butter – strictly moisturizer (not really an oil) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00987FWHW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Castor / Sunflower – don’t really use anymore except on my feet but didn’t cause any reactions on my skin either so worth mentioning.
Whatever oils you use just be sure of the quality – you don’t need the most expensive to get best quality. I’ve linked the brands i use.
Misc other products iv’e used with success:
Sheet Mask: They have several different types. I’ve used this one the most but the hyaluronic acid one is nice as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SYW75EA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mask: Many people believe this to be the holy grail of everything sacred – i agree. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R8KTSP8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mask 2: can be harsh – don’t leave on for full time for dry skin but really did shrink pores and clean pores. DO NOT put this on sensitive areas – it will burn like lava. I can’t put ANY masks on my cheeks – it’s just how mu skin is. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F5NVSIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Facial Cloths: so cheap https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009FUFCDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Best back/ass washer you’ll find: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSDDDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My Holy grail is
- I wash with this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I4BUV06/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1N3G8PKXO8B1V&coliid=IWRLCEQVCQ2HR
- Then Use this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FQUGXA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
- Then 3 drops of this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IT1HKV4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
The Argon oil initially looks/feels greasy but after about 10 mins it soaks in and my skin feels luxurious. It may SEEM expensive but really i use 3 drops on my face – 3 drops out of 4oz is not a lot at all.
EDIT: I also OCM – i double cleanse at night with sunflower oil as OCM and then the cleanser.