A total of 12 reviews of this product on Reddit.
All Purpose Gillette Styler (under $20 on amazon) — For me, it easily replaced all other razors, shavers, and trimmers I had previously used. Gets a close trim, weighs practically nothing, is smaller than a hot dog, and takes a single replaceable AA battery, which can last me about 4-6 months of weekly use. I’ve had mine since 2016 and it continues to serve me well.
I got this a few months ago and I use it to trim the private area in the shower using the #1 guard. And I use it shave my head when I’m in the shower using the razer part. It’s so easy I highly recommend it!
Do what’s comfortable for you too!
I use and recommend the Gillette Styler.
It’s lightweight (with the AA battery and the smallest guard, I measured it at 3.1 oz).
It’s powered by a single AA battery.
It comes with three different size guards (not sure what #’s they are).
$20 on Amazon.
Beard trimmer: Gillette Styler: Beard Trimmer, Men’s Razor & Edger – waterproof, runs off a single AA battery, lightweight (w/ battery and 1 attachment I measured it at 3.1 oz).
Scissors: TSA requirements: “If packed in carry-on, they must be less than 4 inches from the pivot point. Any sharp objects in checked bags should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.” I’ve travelled to lots of countries with scissors that fit that rule but I’ve also run into issues in some countries (e.g., China). Now I roll with some really tiny scissors I picked up at Muji. Not the sharpest but they get the job done.
My brother, you need to get a Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler.
All men should have one. Use it and wash your balls with stuff for your skin oil type, too.
This is pretty small. Runs on a AA so no charger that needs to be carried.
All Purpose Gillette Styler: Beard Trimmer, Men’s Razor & Edger – Fusion Razors for Men / Styler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XF3KHFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vFxkCbX81QPDG
Great setup and really enjoyed looking through it. A few questions and comments I had:
– I’d recommend Gillete Styler if you need something a bit lighter and more compact, but it might not be worth the minimal benefit. Mine weighs 107g without the extra attachments. Also considering ditching the electric and just going for the old fashioned razor.
– I’ve been able to find a lot smaller deodeoderants around. You can try this one, which I believe I have. Or pick up a tiny container on litesmith.com and load your deoderant into that if you really want to cut space and weight.
– Was the outerwear (200 weight merino + R1 + Houdini + Cerium) overkill in warmth? What temperature did you take it? The R1 is very heavy but I guess you can wear it on the plane without getting too warm? I have a really similar setup, even down to a lot of the same items. Usually I just do [sun hoody -> thin merino sweater -> windshirt -> down puffy -> thin rain jacket], and that takes me to pretty low temperatures.
– I also saw from your Mexico post that you skip the camera altogether in favor of the phone camera. Do you use any types of lenses on the phone camera? I’d like to ditch my camera as well but am curious about other people’s experiences. Usually my phone photos (pixel 3a) are noticeably lower resolution than my camera photos (sony a6000) and don’t look nearly as nice.
I’m surprised no one has yet mentioned the Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler.
- Extremely tiny/light. (120g with battery i believe)
- 3 combs (2mm, 4mm, 6mm) OR no comb for stubble
- Runs on single AA battery. And lasts for about a month easily. I switched my battery after 3 months.
- Only costs $20 or so., but from a huge brand.
- Strong cutting ability. Enough for you to maintain a buzzcut.
The only (tiny) con for me is it doesn’t give a clean shave unless I use the shaver attachment. It would have been nice to use it without the comb and get a clean shave.
|The All-Purpose Gillette Styler: Beard Trimmer, R…||$19.98||$19.98||4.5/5.0|
^Item&nbsp;Info | Bot&nbsp;Info | Trigger
EPIC DEAL OF THE DAY!
The All-Purpose Gillette Styler: Beard Trimmer, Razor & Edger
This ones a good cheaper option. There’s definitely more expensive/fancier routes but it does it’s job and I like it